Learn to extract colour from nature to dye natural fabrics. I will share with you which plants and kitchen waste can be used for dyeing, how to effectively mordant both protein and cellulose fibres and the technique of extraction dyeing. At the end of the workshop you will go home with a selection of dyed linen, cotton, raffia and wool samples and the skills to dye your own clothes.
Cost: $98 Covers all material and morning tea
Location: My Verandah 492 James Gibson Rd Corndale, 2480
This workshop will teach you the skills necessary to obtain colour from nature.
We will cover
- botanicals and kitchen waste that give colour
- natural fibres and fabric preparation for dyeing
- mordants to use on cotton, linen and wool fibres
- using a dye pot to extract colour
- natural modifiers
- growing and harvesting colour giving plants
- caring for naturally dyed garments
This workshop has a limit of 8 participants.